Saturday, June 8, 2013

RESEARCH AROUND THE WORLD

            The International early childhood research link that I chose was that of European Early Childhood Education Research Association (EECERA).  The EECERA publishes a research journal which contains peer-reviewed articles regarding the different types of research in the early childhood education.  It seeks to provide a relevant academic forum in Europe to promote and distribute research on early childhood by encouraging exploration of new paradigms, methodologies, concepts and applications in the ever-changing context of early childhood studies through collaboration and cooperation between European researchers and communities across the world.

Some of the current international research topics I chose are:
Arndt, A., Rothe, A., Urban, M., & Werning, R. (2013).  Supporting and stimulating the learning
               of socioeconomically disadvantaged children – perspectives of parents and educators in the    
               transition from preschool to primary school.  European Early Childhood Education Research 
              Journal. 21(1), 23-38.
Ho, H., Gol-Guven, M., & Bagnato, S.J. (2012). Classroom observations of teacher-child
              relationships among racially symmetrical and racially asymmetrical teacher-child dyads.  European 
             Early Childhood Education Research Journal. 20(3), 329-349.
Doyle, O., Finnegan, S., & McNamara, K. (2012).  Differential caregiver and teacher ratings of
             school readiness in a disadvantaged community.  European Early Childhood Education 
             Research Journal. 20(3), 371-389.
Some surprising facts/insights/new ideas about early childhood that I gain from exploring this international early childhood website was that many of the research simulations in early childhood education , that I was interested in exploring was also being researched by other researchers.  I also noted that much of the research was done through collaboration with other researchers throughout the world, including the U.S.  I also discovered that there were forums, seminars, and conferences held each year to discuss new and innovative policy and practices in the area of early childhood studies.

            Other noteworthy information I found on this website were articles which I could use in my research topic for class.  I also found several articles which I was interested in reading, but because the website required membership in order to access these articles, I was unable to download the information.  I was also interested in the "What's New", section, but it is still under construction. I have given some though to become a member in the future, but for now I will be content to utilize the information I can obtain through the Walden Library website. 


Reference
European Early Childhood Education Research Association (2012). Retrieved from: http://www.eecera.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment