Saturday, June 28, 2014

Time Well Spent...

Time Well Spent…

            As I reflect back over the time spent in this program of study, I can truly say that I was not only well 
spent, but I was able to achieve some very valuable learning experience, build a foundation on which I can stand in the area of Early Childhood and develop some relationships with colleagues who have provide wisdom, knowledge and understanding that will help me as I continue my path in this ever changing and ever growing field of education.  Through this journey I was able to achieve more in-depth knowledge about child development and family involvement.  I was able to take a person look at my past, examine my beliefs, values and life experiences and see how they have shaped my thinking and made me the person whom I have become and even to examine myself today to determine, based on those analyses, areas where I can change and grow personally and professionally.  I’ve learned how to become an effective and efficient leader who has the capacity to make a difference in my agency, my community and the lives of those children and families whose lives I may touch along the way.

           My long term goal is to never stop learning, advocating and trying to make a difference for children and families in the area of Early Childhood Education.  I love the connections from the Learning Resource which showed how the interconnections from Walden, Early Childhood, my Colleagues, my Self and the Courses have all intertwined to connect and provide support, learning experiences, resources, professional knowledge and wisdom, professional development and a place that allowed me to excel, grow and develop into a caring and professional agent of change for Early Childhood Education.  Through my work as an educator, counselor and advocate, my long term goal is to open a community youth facility that provides services to at-risk children from dysfunctional and abusive homes, my passion is to help make a difference in the lives of children and address their needs individually and collectively and to assist parents in getting the services they so desperately need.

           I would like to personally thank each of my colleagues for you valuable feedback during our discussions and blogs.  I shall hold on to all the wisdom and information you provided and I wish each of you success in your future endeavors wherever they may take you.  To all my professors and especially to Dr. Darragh-Ernst, I thank you for your support, you wisdom and knowledge and your ability to bring out the best me that I can offer.  You have help me expand my vision of my professional goal of becoming a strong agent of change, an advocate and an educator in the field of Early Childhood for children and families.  I shall never forget my experience and the growth that I have experience as a result of the learning opportunities you have provided.  I think that Sonia Johnson, (American Feminist Activist and Writer) said it best when stating, “We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history”.  I want to be the one among that small group.  Thank you and God Bless each of You.

Each time a person stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the ripple of hope and crossing others from a million different centers of energy and daring these ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest of walls of oppression and resistance.
                                                                                    Robert F. Kennedy
U. S. Senator & Attorney General


1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,
    Thank you for sharing your personal stories and experiences over the last two years. They have been invaluable to my journey during these classes. I wish you success in all your future endeavors.
    -Beau

    ReplyDelete